Civil Engineering is field of engineering sciences, related to design, construction and maintenance of buildings, dams, bridges, tunnels, highways and other structures. Civil engineers utilize the availabe resources to complete the project in the given time span keeping in view the time, expenditure, environmental issues and physical hazards of the project.
Also known as the mother of all engineering, it is the oldest, broadest, most simple and useful of all engineering sciences. Civil engineers are becoming more and more important with time. In the field of civil engineering computer software application is becoming more important, famous and efficient. There are programs that can draw structures, analyze their stability, design the and do other required calculations in a few clicks. Moreover, costing and estimation, project planning and other mathematical work can be easily done with computer.
- Course Duration : 3 years. The course is spread over six semesters.
- Eligibility : Passed in 10th Std/SSLC Examination. Obtained at least 35% marks at the Qualification Examination
- Lateral Entry to 2nd Year Diploma: 10th + 2 years ITI with appropriate Specialization
The civil engineering profession deals with a wide variety of engineering tasks including designing, supervision and construction activities of public works like roads, bridges, tunnels, buildings, airports and dams. Construction of water works, sewage systems, ports etc. offers a multitude of challenging career opportunities.
They have got opportunity for higher education, Junior Engineers in various govt. departments like Irrigation, PWD, RDPR, KEB, Railway etc., and Private sector and other construction fields. Self employment as contractors, surveyors and consultants.
- To develop the knowledge and skill to carry out R & D at various levels to adopt interaction with construction industry and society in Civil Engineering.
- To inculcate knowledge to practical aspects to face challenges in infrastructure development.
- To impart the knowledge of Civil Engineering effectively to improve the economy of the country.
To offer quality education in civil engineering that brings out technical knowledge for construction, design and other aspects of civil engineering needed for present situation which helps the development of the country